- Posted by admin
- On April 13, 2017
- 0 Comments
- Custom Pizza, Specialty Pizza
“Pizza crust isn’t meant to just have pizza sauce and cheese. Pizza crust is a means to putting quality ingredients together to make a great flavor, and have a delicious edible handle with which to devour the deliciousness you have created,” Jeremy Seefeldt, owner and founder of Boss’ Pizza and Chicken, explained when asked why they have 36 specialty pizzas on their menu.
Seefeldt said when they originally started, they had 14 Specialty pizzas, which at that time was even a lot. Through the years, virtually every pizza they’ve added has come from his employee’s experimentation, and finding a flavor that is fantastic, the toppings all work great together along with a sauce, and has a catchy, but descriptive name so the customer knows exactly what they are getting. Seefeldt says there are quite a few that don’t make the cut to make the list. “I’d say for every one we’ve added, there’s been about 50 that were recommended by a staff member or regular customer.”
Seefeldt made a Top Ten list for me, with his focus on the best and most unique pizzas he has on his menu. So here’s the top ten pizzas you have to try, that you won’t find anywhere else.
10. Bacon Cheeseburger – Creator: Unknown. Seefeldt says the only reason this isn’t higher on the list is because you can get a bacon cheeseburger pizza at most joints. But you can’t get this one at most places. It’s made with ketchup and mustard as the base sauce, which makes biting into this pizza taste just like taking a bit out of a real cheeseburger. (Toppings-beef, cheddar cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard and pickles (onions optional).
9. Bedda Chedda – Creator: Jason Reisdorfer. At first glance, it’s a pretty basic pizza, with beef, cheddar cheese, and bacon as the toppings. But it’s the mixture of the base sauce of BBQ sauce and Ranch dressing that makes this pizza outstanding. They may not sound like they would go together, but this pizza really comes together and is bursting with flavor. (Toppings-BBQ sauce, ranch, beef, cheddar cheese and bacon).
8. Reuben – Creator: Ryan Fossum. It is what it says it is-Thousand Island dressing, Steak, and Sauerkraut, held together by our three cheese blend heavy with mozzarella. If you like a Reuben sandwich, you will absolutely love the Reuben Pizza (Toppings-1000 Island, steak, mozzarella cheese, sauerkraut).
7. Pulled Pig – Creator: Van Webb. BBQ sauce, high quality pulled pork, and shredded pepperjack cheese. Our crust magnifies the flavors of those, and you get a flavor profile like no other that you will find anywhere else from a pulled pork pizza. That’s if you can find a pulled pork pizza anywhere else.
6. Stella’s Garlic Combo – Creator: Ryan Fossum. A relative newcomer, this pizza was created in late 2015, and features garlic-infused pizza sauce. Yes, you heard that right, GARLIC-INFUSED PIZZA SAUCE. If you don’t like the flavor of garlic, stay away from this one. If you love garlic, this will probably become your go-to pizza. Toppings-garlic infused red sauce, beef, onion, cheddar cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, jalapenos optional and bacon.
5. Star City Special – Creator: Everyone at our Lincoln, NE location. Called the Star City Special because we learned of the deliciousness of cream cheese on a pizza in Nebraska’s capital city of Lincoln, the Star City. The crust is loaded up with cream cheese before adding the pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella blend, and more pepperoni. It’s amazing what adding cream cheese can do to a regular pepperoni pizza!
4. Rancheroni – Creator: Jeremy Seefeldt and Bill Weber. One of the original Specialty Pizzas, this is the most universally popular Specialty pizza we have. Ranch dressing, Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Mozzarella, Extra Pepperoni, thus called the Rancheroni. Fantastic pizza at all hours of the day, but especially at 2am.
3. Spicy Ranch Buffalo Chicken – Creator: Cole Bredlow and Josh Benz. Not to be confused with the Buffalo Chicken on our menu, the base sauce is a 50-50 combo of Spicy buffalo sauce and Ranch dressing. Fajita chicken is then added and covered with mozzarella cheese, then topped with bacon, which adds to the flavor profile. You’ve had “buffalo chicken” pizzas before, but this one is so much better that it’s in a different category.
2. Chicken Queso Crunch – Creator: Nate Anderson. Seefeldt describes this as a “Chicken and beef nacho pizza”. The sauce is what makes this pizza, a combination of spicy nacho cheese and salsa, spread thick on the crust before adding fajita chicken, beef, nacho chips, and cheddar cheese. Jalapenos are optional if you want the extra spice. Almost everyone who’s tried this pizza raves about it, and it pretty much replaces your craving for Taco pizza from anywhere else.
1. Founding Father – Creator: Jeremy Seefeldt, named by Matt Ellis. The one specialty pizza on the menu that was created by Seefeldt, it should be no surprise that it is number one on his list. But it’s for good reason-check their facebook page or ask any loyal customer that’s had this pizza, it’s absolutely fantastic and you can’t get anything like it anywhere else. Boss’ Pizza sauce and Ranch dressing just seem to go so well together, and that’s just one reason this pizza is fantastic. Along with the ranch drizzled on top of the pizza BEFORE it’s cooked, crushed red peppers are sprinkled on there and cooked in, adding a bit of a spice to the 3 meat pizza. This pizza has only been on the menu for about 3 years, but Seefeldt said he was eating this concoction when they first opened, and it’s been his go-to pizza ever since. When it was introduced to the buffet that they had at the time, he said the name was supposed to be Founders Favorite, but the employee that put it out there called it the Founding Father, and the name stuck. If you like Ranch dressing, a little spice, and a three meat pizza, you will absolutely love the Founding Father at Boss’ Pizza and Chicken. (Toppings-pizza sauce, beef, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, Ranch dressing and crushed red peppers).
Check out all 36 specialty pizzas at www.bosspizzaandchicken.com. There’s even a picture gallery where you can see every pizza they have!